1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Speed problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by IRDanielC, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IRDanielC

IRDanielC Thread Starter

I have been using my current ISP for 2 years right now. I use Roadrunner which I think is either broadband or cable internet. For some time it was going very fast, but my computer has gone through a major slow down on the internet. I don't know what settings I have changed or what I have done. Every computer In my house is going faster than mine. I have tried TCP Optimizer and the internet is still the same speed. I have put up with my internet problem for a while but it has become unbarably slow, and I realy want to fix this proble.

If you have any knowledge on this issue plz dont hesitate to post. BTW I am not to tech saavy and may not know all the terms used so bare with me.:D

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What speeds do you get?

http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Have you tried restoring the XP automatic detection for TCP settings since setting them manually have result in this problem?

3. IRDanielC

IRDanielC Thread Starter

When I take the test I am getting weird numbers ranging from 4726KBps 218KBps to 8 or 9000KBps. I know none of these numbers are the speed I am going at, because it feels like I am using dial-up. BTW, what speed am I supposed to be getting? Also when the speakeasy speed test is being done it never seems to be a clean go from 0- 100 percent complete, the red dot will stop, start, speed up, or slow down. Is this normal?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice