Internet Speed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Armless

Hi, I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, so I'll appologize ahead of time if it is posted in the wrong place. I was wondering how I can find out what my internet speed is. Is there any sites that can determine how fast my internet is?

bearone2

Banned
i'll show upwards of 3k on the xp/2k machines but 4-500 with the 98se beast.

it depends on the time of day, prime time being busier and if you have the same operating system, with the same processor and are paying for the same service up/down.

Armless

My friend and my computer is about the same. We both also have window xp on our computer. The price for our internet is the same. I also asked him to do the test right after I did it. Any idea on what I should do to get my download speed up?

bearone2

Banned
about the same means you have comperable processor speed, ram, nic card and you both have xp, xp/sp1, xpsp2, home or pro.

do you have the same nic card?

dsl or cable, do you have the same modem?

not much you can do.

what do you get at pitstop right now?

Armless

Our processor speed, ram are both about the same. We both have xp home and sp2. I'm not sure about the nic card. I get a 402 at pitstop right now. Isn't that considered a bit slow for cable?

bearone2

Banned
that's low for cable.

you keep saying about the same. are they laptops or pc's, are both the same.

you didn't answer if you have the same modem, provided or you supply..

specificics about yoursystem would help

does either system have an onboard nic card where the other doesn't?:cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online