Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet speeds suddenly really bad on main computer

Solved 
851 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
For the longest time, my computer had great internet speeds, getting the 200/20 we were paying for, often even better. 2 days ago, however, my main computer dropped speeds and hasn't been able to go anywhere near the speeds it was at, often getting less than a megabyte of download and upload speeds, with it occasionally going up to 5 mbps if I'm lucky. The part that worries me, however, is that my old laptop, phone, and all the other devices my family is using are all getting those fast speeds, so the only computer that is struggling is my current computer. I ran a malware scan, but it came up negative, so now I have no idea what to do, because this tech stuff is not my forte. The only thing I can think of that might have affected things is that there was a BIOS update earlier in the day when the internet stopped working, but other than that I haven't downloaded anything onto it. What should I do about this?

I don't know what specs I should write down either, so just ask and you will receive. I will say that I am using Windows 10, however.

#2 ·
Check your cable if it's a wired connection. I just recently had a broken wire in the cable and that dropped me from gigabit Ethernet to 100mbit,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.