1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet starts disconecting at 7:50 every day

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sugarmagik, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sugarmagik

sugarmagik Thread Starter

Ok this is a relly weird problem i am having, my internet will work fine all day untill around 7:50-8:00 oclock when it will start disconecting me every few minutes and it continues through most of the night. anyone ever herd of a problem like this and how can it be solved?

2. sugarmagik

anyone kno anything about this or anything? never herd of anyone having this kind of a problem and it seems rely weird that it would work fine all day utill around 8

3. Jack1000

Jack1000

Some questions:

How long has this been happening?

How do you connect to the Internet? (Dial-up, DSL, or Cable)

Have you contacted your ISP? What have they said?

What type of computer/Operating System do you have?

Have you installed, removed, or updated, any hardware or software prior to this issue occurring?

If the answers to these questions do not indicate a problem or are "No," respond to these issues first. If the problem persists, you should repost this problem and the answers to these questions in the Security Forum. You may have a virus or other type of malware infection that the security experts can help you remove.

Jack

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Another question to add to Jack's good list ...

What's your network like (router? wireless? etc.)?

5. sugarmagik

this problems been going on for about a week, i have comcast cable internet, yea ive contacted them they have sent 2 technicians over who thought they fixed the problem but they didnt now ive got another one coming over today, i have a HP with windows XP and no i havent relly installed anything new since the problem started. and i dont have a router its a modem hooked straight to the comp.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Encourage the technicians to concentrate on whatever is different at night. Probably temperature. The lower temperature is causing a connection or one of their transmission devices to intermittently fail. Or maybe the opposite--a light comes on and overheats a device.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/582676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice