1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet stopped working

Discussion in 'Networking' started by noobmodeon, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. noobmodeon

noobmodeon Thread Starter

I have an acer aspire 4520 running windows xp 32 bit. It has an NVIDIA networking controller.
    I am running it without a battery and whenever the power goes out the laptop shuts down and I have to restart it when power comes back.
    I was somehow running it but a few days back after the power went and came back and I restarted the laptop, my internet stopped working.
    I am using an ethernet connection and it is working fine on my other laptop.
    I reinstalled a fresh copy of windows xp but the problem still remains.
    The drivers seem to be in place as well.
    Windows firewall is turned off.
    If it helps the LAN symbol that appears near time on the bottom right hand corner disappears when I start the laptop and doesn't appear there like it used to. It does reappear when I unplug the ethernet cable.
    I really need the intenet to work on this laptop as I use it for gaming and browsing the web.
    Any help is welcome.

2. night-fury

night-fury

go to run, type 'ncpa.cpl' and hit enter.

check if the local area connetion adaptor is listed there, right click and enable it if it shows disabled. try updating/re-installing drivers.

reply back here then.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Acer Aspire 4520 laptop comes with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Why is it running Windows XP?

----------------------------------------------------------

4. noobmodeon

Local area connection adapter is enabled and I forgot to mention but I had already reinstalled the drivers.

5. noobmodeon

MIne came with linux only. And I chose not to get windows vista.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice