1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet stops after 10 minutes

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by apobedinskas, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apobedinskas

apobedinskas Thread Starter

I 've encountered a problem when my internet stopped working after 10 minutes or so every time I turn on my PC. After restarting it would work for exactly same 10 minutes and stop working again. Messanger services and some other services would still function. I' ve tried the best Anti virus, Spyware, Malware and registry scans available and still no luck. Seems that a lot of people encounter the same problem. Here are some possible reasons and solutions:
    1. Zone labs Zonealarm -If you had it but uninstalled incorrectly the "true vector monitor" still loads in the background for some reason and shuts down communication after 10 or less minutes. (this happened to me). Try uninstalling it from Add/remove programs or deleting everything related to zone alarm from regisrty, sometimes using Hijacktjis can delete these startup regs.
    2. If you never had Zonealarm, paradoxally installing it might help, customly configured ZA might tell you what sort of program tries to access internet or gain Server rights during connection shutdown. this might help you to remove malvare or trojan manually.
    3. Other claim that its Norton internet security thats causing the problem, try shutting it down or tinkering with it's firewall.
    4. One more cause might be malware file "algs.exe" (not ALG.EXE!), you can detect them with ccleaner or Hijack this and remove them. also you might try microsoft process explorer to see suspicious processes (highlighted in red).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice