1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet stutter.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jtibbs, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jtibbs

Jtibbs Thread Starter

Im only hoping this is the right forum to post in and that i can get some help.

So im running windows 7 64bit out of a personal built PC
    I have a 2.8 2300 i5 processor
    a 450 nvidia graphics card
    4gig of ddr3 ram
    a 1tb hard drive
    and im running off a Cisco Wireless usb device.

My problem is that when im playing games online my screen will freeze momentarily for about 15-30seconds then stutters back to a normal FPS rate. I can confirm that the programs do not jump in memory usage. The processor does not seem to almost kill its self as if trying to keep up with the running programs. And the problem ONLY persists when im playing game such as Modern warfare 3 online. Watching videos and browsing the internet seem to be uneffected.

I m using verizon fios as an internet provider and its not my first time with them. Im the only one being effected by this and it might be wireless related but im not entirley sure it cant be fixed. My sister uses a laptop and doesn't seem effected and my brother is plugged in directly. Its beginning to become inconvienent and im hoping someone can assist me with this. I ve been wireless for years not and a few small skips are normal but this isn't

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice