Internet terrible during peak hours since upgrade!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dedshark

So I moved in December to a very small town. I got Cass Communications cable internet 15mb dl for $100 a month which is a terrible price for the speed but it's the best I got here. It was very very consistent internet, always right around 15-17 speeds with no packet loss and was great for gaming/streaming. Well now they have doubled the speeds to 30mb dl and it's great during the day when no ones using it but come 8 pm central it is absolute garbage. Without fail at night it slows to a crawl.

I don't know what to do at this point. I have contacted their tech guy and told him and he said their were some noise issues or something and that it should be better but it's not. From 8 till 12 am it's useless, streams buffer and gaming is impossible since your ping is about triple what you're used to and fluctuates so much you can't even tell what's happening in multiplayer. I have contacted him again asking him what we can do to fix this and he said "Your modem is on probation so we can look at it" or something and now he's ignoring anymore emails i've sent. The only other option I have is a 6mb DSL service that's pure crap too. Is their anything I can do?

TerryNet

Terry
I don't understand what "modem is on probation" means. If it is your modem then investigate to see if it is a problem. Is it DOCSIS 1, 2 or 3? I'm not sure what the actual maximum downloads for those specs are (you can look them up on the web), but an old (five years or more) or DOCSIS 1 modem may well be the issue. If it is the ISP's modem then you need to get them to investigate/solve any modem issue.

Otherwise there is nothing you can do except keep pestering your ISP. Speaking from the experience of having ISP issues for months and months (now working fine for three months) use various channels. In addition to calling there may be (sometimes difficult to find) ways to chat or email. If you don't get anywhere with a given chat session try again the next day because the rep will almost guaranteed be somebody different.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online