1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Time Tab - Server 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jfruby, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jfruby

jfruby Thread Starter

How do you show the Internet Time tab on a 2000 server? I enabled NTP in the registry on both 2000 and 2003 servers, but the Internet Time tab only shows on the 2003 servers. I made these reg changes:

Thanks,

Jason

1. Change the server type to NTP. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    b. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters\
    c. In the right pane, right-click Type, and then click Modify.
    d. In the Edit Value dialog box, under Value data, type NTP, and then click OK.

2. Set AnnounceFlags to 5. To do this, follow these steps
    a.. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Config\
    a. In the right pane, right-click AnnounceFlags, and then click Modify.
    b. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, under Value data, type 5, and then click OK.

3. Select the poll interval. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient\
    b. In the right pane, right-click SpecialPollInterval, and then click Modify.
    c. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, under Value data, type TimeInSeconds, and then click OK. Note TimeInSeconds is a placeholder for the number of seconds that you want between each poll. A recommended value is 900 Decimal. This value configures the time server to poll every 15 minutes.

4. Enable NTPServer. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpServer\
    b. In the right pane, right-click Enabled, and then click Modify.
    c. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, under Value data, type 1, and then click OK.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

3. jfruby

jfruby Thread Starter

I've been looking on the Knowledge Base this morning and have not found the info I was looking for. I was hoping someone in this forum would have some experience with this issue.

Thanks,

Jason

4. Rockn

Rockn

You won't get the tab in 2K. You have to manually define the time server to use using the command line.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/557380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice