Internet times out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LucasK

My pc says its connected to the internet, but chrome aont connect to the internet... It says it timed out. Same with internet explorer, steam, pretty much anything... But discord, I can view videos hop in call, pretty much anything on it. I plugged in a laptop to the same ethernet cable and everything works on the laptop. So its something with my pc.

Anyone have suggestions?

737Simpilot

Temporarily Banned
I would try resetting the winsock. You can download Windows Repair and just select the repair network and proxy options.

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

Or you could try these commands in the CMD.

1. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
  2. Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
  3. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
  4. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

I would also clear the DNS cache in CMD. ipconfig /flushdns.

To get to CMD just type that into search, right click run as Admin. I'm not familiar with 10 so I'm assuming it's the same as it is in 7.

LucasK

Update! I managaed to fix it by doing this...I had to reset the tcp/ip by going to the command prompt and typing the command " netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt "

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online