1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet trouble on one game site

Discussion in 'Games' started by debo3301, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debo3301

debo3301 Thread Starter

I am having trouble with Internet Explorer on one game site.

If I have IE 6 installed I can't type during the game where you can chat.
    I don't like IE 7 or above, so I have balked at installing them.

But since I had so much trouble with IE6 at this site, I installed IE7 Standalone.

It worked fine for awhile, but now it either comes up with the IE error of reporting the problem, or it just flat out shuts down and goes back to the desktop.

I have no idea how to fix either of these problems. I have followed some tech advice or knowledge based info fron MSN, but nothing is working.

Help

2. DerekC

DerekC

Welcome to TSG debo3301.

Sorry to say, but it's probably time to upgrade to IE 7 or 8, otherwise you can try another browser like Firefox or Chrome.

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Unfortunately, even though you don't like the idea you probably need to update or change your browser. Many things have changes since IE6 and even IE7, its quite possible that those two browsers simply don't support the functionality you are trying use. Infact, that is probably even more so with IE than it would be with an older version of Firefox, Crome etc.

IE was always a bad browser in my opinion, it didn't conform to web standards as well as other browsers (and quite possibly still doesn't), its a bigger security risk simply because of the amount it is used, and therefore is a major target. Its slower than other browsers for day to day surfing .. the list goes on.

I am speaking from a degree of experience on the compatibility front, I am currently producing some documents in html for the company I work. Unfortunately they have to be fully functional in IE6 (customer requirement, dont ask haha) and that seriously limits what I can do.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!