Internet Trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pollo~Loco

To use the internet such as trying to connect to a site VIA Mozilla or IE, I have to log onto AOL first. Can someone help me change it so my cable is connected directly to the internet instead of through AOL? I have a DI-614+ router in case you you need to know. I REALLY need help. Thank you for helping me.

Pollo~Loco

Sorry for double post but it wouldn't connect to the site when I tried to edit my post (because of the same problem) so here is what I was going to say:

"Also, I jsut got my computer back from the shop because it had the MS Blast virus (don't laugh, please) so they re-formatted it and re-installed Windows. I don't know if they also re-installed the router software or not."

TerryNet

Terry
Who is your ISP? Cable company? Phone company? AOL?

If it's some kind of broadband AOL service, then you probably had your computer configured to automatically log onto AOL as soon as an internet connection was detected. If this is the case, how did you do the setup before? Did AOL send you a CD or instructions?

This is unfamiliar territory for me so I'm just making some guesses.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online