1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Very Slow

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TheRealMcCoy, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheRealMcCoy

TheRealMcCoy Thread Starter

I am having an issue with my internet connection. I have a 3G connection, using a USB modem.

Sometimes when a load a page, everything seems fine. Other times, when I search for example on Bing and I load a couple of pages from the search results, nothing opens. The page itself would open in the browser and would refresh and refresh and refresh and nothing would display on the page. Other times it could take a minute and it would work, sometimes never.

Also, if a page doesn't load after 5 minutes, I would perhaps press Ctrl+F5 and it would load immediately or never or I don't know.

I don't know what's going on.

My husband has exactly the same notebook as me with the exact same 3G connection. I have tried his 3G card in my notebook, but it still has the same behavior. He could easily open pages that takes ages to load on my side.

Another thing is that sometimes it would load the ads section or header of a page and then nothing further.

I have a HP ProBook 4710s with Windows 7 on it.

Please help, I'm desperate!

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

3. TheRealMcCoy

TheRealMcCoy Thread Starter

I doubt it was always the problem, have had this notebook for just over a year and don't think I've always battled like this.

I have tried starting up in safemode with the networking enabled, but it doesn't pick up my 3G card (which is plugged into a USB port). My mouse works on the USB port however.

4. pedroguy

pedroguy

There a re a number of things you could explore:
    First:run your antispyware/anitvirus app to see if file corruption exists:

Second:When the problem occurs,take a look at task manager(cntl/alt/delete),Any task running that is consuming a high % of system resources,other than the idle task.Note the tasks.
    To the best of your knowledge,try to remember when this started to occur and do a system restore to a date before that.

Third:What antivirus suite are you running.You could run a test with that disabled.See iif it makes a difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice