1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet/Wireless not working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ashlea, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ashlea

Ashlea Thread Starter

Hi,

My partner decided to change our laptop from Vista to Windows XP and now we are unable to connect to the internet using wireless and the ethernet cable.

Also what he didnt take in to consideration is all the documents he saved on the memory sticks wont open on XP and I really need to access them as they for our wedding :(.

Hope someone can help me.

Ash x

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Hi Ashlea, and welcome to TSG.

I suspect that the networking hardware drivers are missing and need to be installed. Check the Windows Hardware Device manager for any red or yellow warning symbols for any of the hardware.

Depending on the age of the computer, you may find out that XP compatible drivers may not be readily available for it.

Are you having problems accessing the contents of the memory sticks or just a problem opening the actual files? Are the programs needed to open the memory stick files installed on the computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/935608