1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet wont’t show on PC but works on phone

Discussion in 'Networking' started by evune, Nov 16, 2019.

1. evune

evune Thread Starter

Hello, out of the blue my internet stopped showing on my computer but it still works on my phone and other devices. It will show other possible connections but not the one I have.

I’ve tried resetting the modem and restarting my pc but neither worked. What should I do?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    How do you connect on your computer? I assume this is a windows machine so please do this:

Go to Command Prompt by pressing the Windows Key and R, then type cmd in the run box and press enter.

Next in command prompt, type ipconfig /all and press enter.

Please notate the IPv4 address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS servers. Here is an example:

upload_2019-11-16_14-20-8.png

If you are using an Ethernet connection, you should see a listing for Ethernet Adapter, Ethernet Connection.

3. kenwoodfox

kenwoodfox

Perhaps your phone is not equipped to connect to the band that your internet serves on, try exploring to see what capabilities your router and PC have, the most common bands are 2.4ghz and 5ghz and you may find the setting to change bands to be in your router, not your modem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice