1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet working but second laptop not connecting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by heartkiss, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartkiss

heartkiss Thread Starter

I can connect to the internet wireless but my daughter is unable to connect with her laptop. She is showing that she is connected but when she tries to click on the internet explorer it tells her that the Internet Explorere cannot display the webpage. I am not too computer sauvy and I know that the internet is working could you give me any instruction to get her back online? Thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    First we have to find out what's wrong. For an attempted connection please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Just to add to TN's information, make sure the homepage (the first page that shows) is not incorrect. I have seen this recently with my customers and mainly with msn.com. When the webpage is up, go to www.abc.com and see if that shows up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/984858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice