1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet works at home but not on other networks

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dustinm, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustinm

dustinm Thread Starter

my laptop is driving me nuts. I do alot of travelling for work and my laptop has decided to stop working on other networks.It works fine at home.
    I can connect to the hotels network and I can load webpages for the first minute then all I get is page cannot be displayed. I can still ping addresses at the cmd prompt.
    It works ok in safemode so I figured there was something running that is stopping me from viewing webpages. so I started eliminating processes.
    When I end the "dllhost.exe" process I am able to browse again for another minute then dllhost.exe is back.
    Dllhost is also a running process at home and I can browse all night with no issues.
    the only difference is the dllhost process at home mem usage does not change. on the hotel networks the process' mem usage is constantly growing.

Any idea's?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540640

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice