1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet works but web browser's don't pull up sites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by hisbeauty4ashes, Apr 17, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. hisbeauty4ashes

hisbeauty4ashes Thread Starter

Hi all this has been a nightmare. I went to my uncles to help care for my dad. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3030 windows 10 OS 64 bit and 12 gigs memory. When I connect to his internet router my usual websites would not work, so I would turn off and restart my uncles router and then the sites would work. So because of the weird connection we called att and they came out and fixed the router but I have the same problem on all three browsers IE, Google, Firefox. It wont pull up my websites it says," Site cannot be reached. So I cleaned my computer and I did CMD and put ipconfig/flushdns and I did a series of other commands to reset Ip address and still the same problem. Man I have tried so many things! So I went out to Applebee's and my websites pull up fine. I am frustrated, I need wifi at my uncles while caring for my dad and cannot figure out why everyone in the house pulls up wifi just fine but my computer.

Can someone please help me!?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. lunarlander

lunarlander

What ip address range is the router using? Just set up a static ip and specify your own DNS servers like maybe google's 8.8.8.8

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    You still have this issue? What modem/router is it? Did you get updated drivers for the wireless connection?

According to your previous thread, does other people also still have the same issue?

4. hisbeauty4ashes

hisbeauty4ashes Thread Starter

It turns out that my computer is fine it is my uncles att carrier. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice