1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet works fine still cannot connect

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Justforcause, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justforcause

Justforcause Thread Starter

I have an annoying issue with my internet connection. From time to time i can't connect to Steam, Battle.net or download from torrents (I'm mentioning torrents becuase there might be a connection). I share the internet with 10 other people all of them connected mostly via wi-fi. Is is possible that the connection is too low to connect to the already mentioned above servers? There is nothing wrong with my pc or internet settings because it works fine for a week and then all of a sudden not. Once we tried to hard reset the main router and after that it worked just fine.
    Realy don't know what might be the reason and I would love to finally find out what's causing it.
    The router is http://www.planet.com.tw/en/product/...t.php?id=34631
    The modem is provided by austrian telecom company and is this one Pirelli PRG AV4202N

Thank you all for any help.

2. Golden_

Golden_

It is possible that it could be a network congestion. Does your computer wireless adapter display any diagnostic as to why the connection was lost?

3. Justforcause

Justforcause Thread Starter

I am not connected via wi-fi I am wired to the router. So this is even wierder. I tried DNS change didn`t work i tried port forwarding didnt work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1125938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice