Interney Explorer Keeps Closing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sarfa

Hi! Within the last week, whenever I use Internet Explorer for more than a few minutes, an hourglass suddenly appears for a few seconds followed by a remark saying that "Internet Exporer has encountered a problem and needs to close". I restart Internet Exporer and everthing seems OK for a few minutes and then the same thing happens again. I use Mcafee Viruscan and Microsoft Anti-spyware and neither of them has found anything. Any ideas why this is happening??????? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

You didn't tell us what version of Windows?
Since MS Anti Spyware works on Win XP, here is a possible fix for IE6 on WinXP SP2.

Try first:
Click Start->Run. Type regsvr32 comdlg32.dll Click Enter. You will get a message that it either worked or it didn't. If that doesn't solve it...

Try next:
Locate the file comdlg32.dll in C:\Windows\System32 and in C:\Windows\System32\dllcache (a hidden folder). When you have located both, delete the one in the System32 folder. It should be replaced automatically and immediately by the one from the dllcache folder.

sekirt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online