1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internt pages won't save data...cookies?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by llmercll, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. llmercll

llmercll Thread Starter

I have this problem where my firefox refuses to save my data to a website.

for example...I log into yahoo mail and tell it to save my username and password for 2 weeks...i exit firefox, come back in a second later and it didn't save any of it. i have to keep logging back in!

It;s my antivirus or my router, which would make sense to me. I disabled nod32 and it still didn't work, then i disabled my routers internet firewall, it still didn't work.

My laptop (which uses the same network and antivris) works fine.

any ideas?

2. llmercll

llmercll Thread Starter

bump bump

3. Oily

Oily

In Firefox click on Tools and then Options when the window pops up go to the Privacy tab and check your setting for History,Cookies and Private Data you will get all the settings on this one page.

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Delete the shortcut you are using to access Yahoo Mail, and create a new one. That fixed the issue for me in both IE and Firefox.

Also note that the Info page now says
    "For your security, your Yahoo! Mail session expires a maximum of twenty-four hours after you have logged in"

I haven't checked to see if it is actually limited to 24 hours, as I rarely use the web interface.

HTH

Jerry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/772491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice