Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interrupted Update on New Computer

801 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  ozmommi 
#1 ·
I need help. I have a new Dell Inspiron with Windows 8 installed. I have used it about a month and can loose anything if I have to. This computer has no CD drive so using a boot up disk is not an option. I opened my computer and on the screen had an update need to be installed. So I hit OK. The install paused and after 2 hours, it hadn't progressed. There was no where to pause install, and nothing I did gave me a pause button. So, I did the dirty, I shut down the computer.
Now, of course, it is a blue screen.
I can tap the F2 and get the start up. I was think that I could go to factory settings. But, Im no computer expert and this sight seems to have experts. I will be eternally greatful for help out there.
I did search for this question on this sight and all said to use a disk, but I have no disk drive. Unless I need to use an external drive for a disk.
Thank you in advance for anyone who will take the time to help me.

#2 ·
Can anyone give me a suggestion on this thread. I really don't want to call Dell and pay the $125 tech help. I know this was a self inflicted problem, but the update was frozen and didn't know how else to pause, or stop it.
So please "Tech Support Guy's", give me a suggestion, or a place to look for help.
Sincerely, "Gal with limited Tech Knowledge"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.