Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interrupted Windows Update.......

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hewee 
#1 ·
hi,
i wonder if someone could advise me here......
i recently did a clean install of XPH including SP3, and then went to download latest updates to date (about 40 of them including IE7 etc).

the updates downloaded, and then started to initialize/install. After the second one installed, i was interrupted and had to cancel the updates installing. The next day, i went back to redo the updates, and the Windows Updater went straight to the installing part and completed successfully. I have them listed in Control Panel\ Add-Remove Programs.

to get to the point >>>> now i notice in my Windows Explorer, under the root of C:\ i have a new folder called 006a144(etc etc) with a Sub-Folder called "Update" >>>> 128 files, 42Mb.

the Folder contains files with extensions of xx.MUI, xxxx.dll, xxx.MOF, executables, etc. Sub-Folder is IE7 related.

Would this be a temporary Folder for the purpose of the Windows Update ? and would it be safe to delete ??

(i think i know the answer, but thought i'd just ask)

thanks.... :)

See less See more
#3 ·
I had the same happen after "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86" was installed but it was a D:\c59508b9bbc257ab081f98b60f15 folder.

See thread here.
http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/index.php?showtopic=17074

I had lots of other folder use the D:\ on that install but they made and deleted the other added folders but the one did not get installed or cleaned up right.

#4 ·
yeah Jerry/Hewee, i was thinking it was a temp folder.

anyway i burned that Folder to a CD, then deleted it off C: Rebooted with no problems. everything works normal.

(that 250Mb "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86" >>>>>>> think i'll give that update a miss thanks lol)

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.