1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

introducing myself

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by ladyunicornsall, Nov 25, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. ladyunicornsall

ladyunicornsall Thread Starter

Hi everyone . My name is sallie . I am 33 .{ with someone } But not married . Have two children { 15 & 13} been online with different servers over the years . I am a white female and have a job I hate . I work at Dunking Doughnuts . And I am in need of some information about windows 95 . I have posted my problem but while I am typing might as well put it here also .
    Lost important ID #
    lost registration # to my windows 95 disk . Where or who can I call to get # replaced or reissued . Need to load in used reformatted computer . This computer is almost done for . Please e-mail any help to [email protected] . limited time on internet connection with Juno .But have unlimited E-mail usage

Thank you . And anyone who would like to chat can e-mail me at Juno

sallie

2. AZ

AZ Guest

isn't it Dunkin' Donuts?:rolleyes:

3. deuce

deuce

I don't think you can get registration #s replaced. The whole point of them is to stop piracy, so what good does it do for Microsoft to give out the key to using illegal copies of their OS... (not saying yours is copied) especially those # from win95. Either way, it would be too hard for ms to give you the right one. Your win95 is probably done for. You can pick up a new copy of win95c for about $15 or maybe less.

4. deuce

deuce

BTW... I always remember it being Dunkin' Donuts. :rolleyes: :D

5. hewee

hewee

Ok right click My Computer and go to properties.
    Look at the General tab.
    You well see " Registered to:"
    Write the number(s) down and make sure you got it right too.

6. deuce

deuce

Oh yeah, I'm sorry. That will work... I was thinking you didn't have it installed.

7. hewee

hewee

The registration number is in the registry too.

8. angel

angel

never mind - it's the brain freeze again!

I didn't know that Windows 95 actually stored the ProductID under Properties of My Computer. Cool! I know in 98 on up, it's not the same number.
    Also, in at least one version of 95 (don't recall which), the ProductID key didn't exist in the registry.

9. deuce

deuce

Microsoft seems so anal about registration ids and pracy nowadays... :rolleyes: I heard with Xp you have to call ms get a new number and get your copy reactivated from microsoft each time you reinstall or change enough of the hardware. Sounds a little annoying. You'd think with as much of a monopoly they have on the OS market, they would be making enough that they wouldn't care.

10. ladyunicornsall

ladyunicornsall Thread Starter

Thay did give me a # to use And yes your spelling is the right one . I work so many hrs in a day by the time I sit down at this my brain is well asleep and not working .

Sallie

11. hewee

hewee

Your welcome:)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59635

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice