1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

invalid arithmatic function

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by eliflorido, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eliflorido

eliflorido Thread Starter

I need help. I have an embroidery software package that ran good on a computer with an AMD K6-2, 400 mHz processor and 64mb of RAM. I have installed it on a different computer with a Pentium lll (slot 1), 600 mHz processor and 256mb of RAM. When I start the program a white box appears telling me that the program has encountered an error, that an information not saved will be lost. I am given two choices at this point. "Cancel", which will not start the program and "Ignore", which will start the program. Even though the program starts it sometimes locks up or just kick me out. I ran DrWatson to see an analisys of the problem to see if I could fix it. The analisys says that WINgs, which is the program, has tried an invalid arithmatic function. I don't know how to fix this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. eliflorido

eliflorido Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Rollin' Rog. I still think it is a hardware issue, but I am not an expert. I have searched and searched for support on the program I mentioned. Sewcomplete does not respond to either phone calls or e-mail, so it seems that they are not help. There is one thing I found, that is that a newer version says that the cpu must not have fsb of 133 mHz or above. So here goes the next question. Is there such a thing as underclocking? I have read that Intel cpu's have been preset and that no matter what jumpers or BIOS settings are made the fsb speed cannot be changed. Could this be the cause of my problem? I feel that it probably could be, since the older computer had a cpu with a fsb of 100 mHz. I have since reinstalled it on the old computer and it works fine. I do not know what could be wrong. Again thanks to any reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!