1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

invalid back web ???????????

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by diver46, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. diver46

diver46 Thread Starter

Every time I turn my system on, I get an error box that says "Invalid Back Web Application ID137903" Can any one tell me how to fix this?
    ~diver~

2. zmaster

zmaster

Well i did a search on "Invalid Back Web Application ID137903". And it brought back webpages that referred to spyware and how to remove it. So i suggest downloading, installing and updating Spybot, ad-aware and spywareblaster. All of which are found in my signature. Hopefully that should clear it up. post back with your how you go after doing that.

3. diver46

diver46 Thread Starter

I downloaded spyware blaster 3.2. I will get back to you on this one when I see how well it does. I do like all the things it has to offer.
    Thanks Zmaster
    ~diver~

4. zmaster

zmaster

i do recommend downloading both of the other programs aswell. My understanding of spyware blaster is that it doesn't remove the spyware thats already on your computer it only stops it from loading it onto your computer from once its installed.

5. diver46

diver46 Thread Starter

I downloaded the spyware blaster and am highly impressed with it. I already have the spybot and have used hijack this several times. As for the Lavasoft Adaware, I had to uninstall it when I downloaded that SP2. I wasnt able to get that back as I was the spybot. When I turned the puter on this morn, I got the same error message. So I dont think the spy bot had anything to do with it, I have tried ot do some research on it too and have come up with nothing. Maybe a senior member or moderator can assist us in this.
    ~diver~

6. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    The last time I got backweb was when I installed some lousy Kodak software. I removed it by finding and deleting the .exe file then searching the registry and removing every item that mentioned backweb. (All that after I ran Spybot and AdAware)

7. zmaster

zmaster

thats wierd. i have sp2 on my computer but i haven't run ad-aware since i put sp2 on it. I think i will check it as soon as i get home.

8. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    If you are referring to what I posted....to clarify...I have not installed SP2 as of yet and don't intend to until MS gets it sorted out.

9. diver46

diver46 Thread Starter

Ok Wimpy.......what can Regestry Mechanic do for me on that back web thang? I own a license to Reg Mech of PC Tools. I will giv it a run and see what it comes up with. As for SP2. I have already crashed my system because of it and it took me a week to get my system back uup and running. I have to give "Thanks" to TSG members for that one!
    ~diver~

10. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    I'm not sure what it can do for you as I have never used it. I have used others and they always miss a few lines in the registry. Once again I manually removed "backweb.exe" through explorer, then ran Norton Win Doctor (same idea as Reg mech.). Then searched the registry and deleted any item pertaining to backweb. Worked for me.

11. diver46

diver46 Thread Starter

Reg mech did it! it found the back web with the same ID # and It has now been deleted. It found 5 other problems that have been repaired or deleted.
    ~diver~

12. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Good. Now I suggest you search for a file called "backweb.exe" and delete it if you find it.

13. diver46

diver46 Thread Starter

OK Wimpy, my problem has yet to be solved as I started drinking champagne before the race was over. I am thinking I need to look in my prgogram files. I am betting that you are going to tell me that its somewhere else.
    ~diver~

14. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy

Yup I will..... :eek: Click "start", then "search", then select "all files and folders". Then type in the name backweb.exe and hit search or ok, whatever shows up. When the search stops delete all references that mention backweb.
    Let me know how you make out. :cool:

15. diver46

diver46 Thread Starter

Well Wimpy, I did as you instructed and did several types of searches. the search found no reference to or containing "backweb.exe" (scratches head in confusion and flips a burger on the grill for Wimpy)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice