1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Invalid File... In Easy CD Creator

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Super-D-38, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Super-D-38

Super-D-38 Thread Starter

Well I'm back!
    Still having problems making music CD's.
    After 4 months I have given up on Nero, and have just finished the painfuly long task of getting Easy CD to work.

Now that it finaly starts, I want to make a music cd, well now it will add 9 of the 11 files I want to burn, but 2 get the ( """ is not a valid audio file and will not be added ) message.

What gives??
    All of the files where made at the same time with "Cool MP3 Splitter".

Is there any way to get past this??

Specs: Roxio Easy CD Creator V 5.0 (306) Platinum

would the update fix this?
    however the update removes "Take Two" ???? I've not used it yet, is it worth keeping?

2. J. Franklin

J. Franklin

I don't know if it will help you but'try this = Remove roxio and reinstall. Worth a try, sometimes works for me.

3. Super-D-38

Well I don't wish to tempt fate if I can help it.

While trying to get it to work I uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times. (All something about "page fault in creator.dll") Finaly fixed that with a download of ( Regsv32a.exe ).

Any way still the same problem as ^.

But now another question: Why can't I hear/get to play the MP3's befor I burn them?....... I don't wish to make many coasters.

I liked the ease of Nero, but it didn't like my computer.
    Always got "SCSI target error"..... strange huh?:rolleyes:

Help is always nice... Thanks in advance.:D

4. DaveLB

DaveLB

If you have windows XP do this and you can use it with no other problems.
    1. Remove the current installation of all Easy Cd, Adptec and direct CD files. Empty temp files and recycle bin.
    2. When you reinstall choose custom and don't allow Take Two or Direct Cd to be available.
    3. In the folder where Easy CD is located you will see a file for engine setup - run this.
    You should now be able to use all except the two programs you disallowed.

5. Super-D-38

Oops my little ^ arrow might have sugested easy cd wont start, No I fixed the starting problem.

The ^ was refering to my first post.

Ok computer specs too: Win 98, 2gig + 700MB Hard Drives, Cyrix 6X86 processor, (I think its a 266MHz??) standard sound and vid cards. (Sound Blaster 16 I think) ( video ???? I have no idea)
    Hi-Val (is Crap) CDR/W 24x10x40.

I hope that's enough info.

DaveLB: I did a selective install, and Direct CD wasn't compatable so I didn't install, however I did put Take Two in.

6. DaveLB

DaveLB

You never said what OS you are using - If it is XP you cannot load Take Two and you will have to remove everything connected to Easy CD or Adaptec.
    I ran several searches on my hard drive to insure I found everything. and deleted them all. Don't forget to load the engine and drivers after the install. They should be in the folder that you installed to.

7. Super-D-38

Been gone a while.

DaveLB: yes I did say my O.S., the post just above your last one ^
    Any way I had to uninstall Easy CD, and put Nero back, so I could get tech help from Hi-Val. (crap don't buy it!)
    They don't support Adaptech/Roxio.:mad:

Nero says that 100% of my memory is in use but show's 10 or so MB of free RAM.

Any Ideas with that?

I will again try EASY CD but I just can't figure out why I can't reliably burn.:(

Even without the problems I first posted, it will often error out.
    I ran 5 simulations (with Easy CD) and 2 were successful so I tried a burn but it failed. ARRRGG!

Anyone want to buy a burner?
    I have yet to make more than one successful burn.:confused:

8. DaveLB

DaveLB

Super-D-38
    I can only tell you that I have successfully loaded Easy CD Creator Platinum on windows XP but every time the key to success has been to completely remove all refrence to Easy CD - Direct CD - and Adaptec. On several occasions I used RegClean to remove the last traces in the registry.
    Even Roxio says not to load Take Two or Direct CD.
    You May want to check each folder in the main folder that you down loaded Easy CD into to make sure you have all the components loaded - engsetup etc.
    Good Luck

9. leonvdm

leonvdm

To be honest I gave up on using EasyCD Creator to write music from MP3's.

Get yourself a version of MusicMatch. Register it and use it to play musig, rip and to burn CD's.

I have been using it for about 3 years and have still to burn a coaster with it.

10. factor

factor

"Nero says that 100% of my memory is in use but show's 10 or so MB of free RAM. "

Could be you dont have enough available RAM. Do you have other progs running in the background? Disable any anti-virus you may be using as well when burning cds.
    What do you mean by cant play the mp3 before you burn?
    If I misunderstood, my apologies but if you create a track list in easy cd you can right click any track and preview it before you burn.

11. slipe

slipe

Record some MP3 files that have never been near Cool MP3 Splitter. If they record OK then you have to sort out what you are doing there first. Things ramble so much I really don’t know if we are discussing hearing MP3 files when you record or RAM or what. But if you are still working on the first problem of EZCD saying they are not valid audio files I doubt the problem has anything to do with EZCD or your burner.

You could try recording them with Feurio to see if it might be a little more forgiving: http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml The trial is not restricted in any way and it is excellent audio recording software.

Make sure you Ctrl+Alt+Del before you record and end task on everything but Explorer, Systray and the recording software as factor suggests. As long as it records OK don’t worry about RAM indications.

I have no idea why you can’t preview a MP3 form your HD – maybe Feurio will do better.

12. Super-D-38

Yes I'm getting confused now too.:confused:

Ok let me restate my main problem.
    I've tried Nero and Easy CD. Between the two of them ( mostly Easy CD) I've made two disc's. One data CD and one music CD.
    That's it!:mad:
    4 months now and only two complete CD's.

The tech help for my burner says "they've done all they know to do. It must be a Nero problem, talk to them."

Well I'm guilty of DL Easy CD from winmx, if only to see if it will work. I can't see paying $70+ to find out it wont work too.

So what I'm saying is, sofar Nero and Easy CD have failed me.
    I'm looking for other Ideas and burning software. (free so I can at least try it first.)

leonvdm I will look into "MusicMatch".

I havent tried to burn with "Real One" player. Any one think that would work?

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice