1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Invalid File Paths

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jackrabbit44, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackrabbit44

jackrabbit44 Thread Starter

I use WinAso Registry Optimizer; when I run it my computer crashes when it gets to Invalid File Paths, but when I remove the invalid file paths flag, it completes the process just fine. I would like some advice on correcting invalid file paths...thanks.:confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Don't use registry cleaners. If you continue to use them, chances are that crashes will be among the least of your problems. Those things are junk, do only harm, and you should be thankful you were even able to reboot. Performance is not improved by using them, they remove needed entries, and they create their own "errors" so that they can "fix" them, making worse errors in the process.

3. jackrabbit44

jackrabbit44 Thread Starter

I appreciate your reply, I'll uninstall it. Do you have any suggestions on fixing invalid file errors?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Unless you have a specific problem, most of those probably refer to files that no longer exist and can be safely ignored. It would be wise to be suspicious of any program that crashes your machine :D.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/686547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice