Invalid Hibernation partition/file...Run HDPREP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nos

OK I got this computer from my mom's work. The only problem was that it didn't have an operating system on it. So, I put in a harddrive that had Win98 on it. I boot up the computer and I am getting this error:

Invalid Hibernation partition/file...Run HDPREP (for Win98 ACPI only)

does anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

thanks in advance

Triple6

Rob
I'm assuming its a laptop? What's the make and model.

Some older laptops had proprietary hibernation features that allow the system to save what you are doing and go into a very low or even off state after a certain time. The information is saved onto a special partition that muct be created on the hard drive prior to installing Windows. To create this partition you need the original disks that came with the computer or you need to download them from the manufacturers website.

Or you can try going into the BIOS and see if there's an option to disable this feature as its not required.

nos

Its actually not a laptop. The computer is a HY TECH peace of ****. any other suggestions?

nos

If there is an option in the BIOS what would it be called. 'Hibernation' something or another?

also, i put the harddrive into my gaming computer just to see if there really was an operating system on there and it booted up fine without any error

Triple6

Rob
Its varies between each computer, have you looked in the BIOS?

It would really help to know some more info about the computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!