Invalid IP configuration, 'no internet, secured' network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gaminboy007

So I have a optic fibre connection. Recently, i am unable to connect to my network and even when it is connected, it shows no internet, secured. On my dell inspiron 3493 on troubleshooting it shows invalid ip configuration. There is the same issue when trying to connect my mobile and other devices too. I use wifi and not a wired connection.
So i assume that the issue has to be with the router... Please help me out...

Thanking you in anticipation...
G

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you have a router & modem combination, or do you have a standalone router that connects to your modem? Either way, do you have a make & model for the hardware?

Gaminboy007

I think it is a router modem combo cause we have just one box... For hardware details, like the isp gave us a preset genexis modem model platinum 4410...

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
When connecting the fiber connection into the box, is it only one box or does a connection come from there to another box? I would advise doing a power cycle on it, but I want to ensure I'm giving you the correct information first. In that regard, could you find the make & model of the box in question? That'll help things along.

Gaminboy007

When connecting the fiber connection into the box, is it only one box or does a connection come from there to another box? I would advise doing a power cycle on it, but I want to ensure I'm giving you the correct information first. In that regard, could you find the make & model of the box in question? That'll help things along.
Not sure what a power cycle is but tried switching it off and on... Standard procedure :)

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Thanks for the information; that's really helpful. From what I saw, there's an actual power switch on the rear of the box. I recommend turning it off and leaving it for two minutes to ensure it's powered down fully. After that, turn it back on again and leave it another two minutes before attempting to connect one of your devices.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Okay, so I'm inferring from your last post you turned it off and on again and it still won't allow connectivity?

Gaminboy007

Okay, so I'm inferring from your last post you turned it off and on again and it still won't allow connectivity?
Yeah, but didnt wait for the stated period of time... Well after two days of the issue, not sure what happened but the problem is solved, i didnt even power it off and back on, now i have my connectivity... Weird but i got my connectivity back(which was my objective)... So thanks for your time...

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'm glad it's working for you again, @Gaminboy007. Although this may just be one of those "things happen" categorisations, I hope it continues to work properly for you (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online