1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Invalid link

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by LadyLisa, Nov 18, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. LadyLisa

LadyLisa Thread Starter

Mike, don't know if it's just me but whenever I am on my PM page and I scroll down to the menu where I can jump to another forum it goes to a page that says 'Invalid link'. It never happens when I use that scroll menu on other pages just on the PM page.
    Is it just me or is there a problem with the links there?
    :confused:

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Seems to work alright for me, but that link program WAS part of the upgrade the other day, so it could have problems...

What browser and OS are you using? Does it happen with any forum, or just some of them? Does it happen from the PM inbox, or just within a PM message?

3. LadyLisa

LadyLisa Thread Starter

I'm using Windows 98 and Netscape 6.1.

It only ever happens from my inbox, I use the link on other forums and it's fine.

This is the message I get 'Invalid forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster,
    :confused:

4. LadyLisa

LadyLisa Thread Starter

Okay, I just tried it and it also happens within a PM message as well as the inbox.

5. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I couldn't reproduce the problem in IE5, IE5.5, IE6, or Netscape 6.0 so I was about to tell you that you're crazy... then I got an email telling me that they just released ANOTHER new version to fix a long list of last-minute bugs, including:
    "fixed problem with forumjump in usercp with Netscape 6.1"

*sigh*

Look for that to be fixed sometime within the next 48 hours. Thanks for letting me know!

6. LadyLisa

LadyLisa Thread Starter

You're welcome..... I knew I wasn't crazy :D

7. hewee

hewee

I was getting the "If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster" now and then also but not from the PM page but just from opening a tread.

8. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Just upgraded it to the newest version that's supposed to be better with Netscape 6.1...

Let me know if you continue to have any problems!

9. LadyLisa

LadyLisa Thread Starter

It still doesn't work with my Nescape 6.1 but it works fine with my IE so it's no problem really as I'm using IE more nowadays anyway.

:)

10. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Just made yet another change -- if this doesn't do it, I give up! (But let me know either way anyway. =)

11. LadyLisa

LadyLisa Thread Starter

Thanks Mike, it works great now.

:)

12. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for letting me know! Glad I finally got that bugger!

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice