"Invalid media type reading drive C"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BSaul

Having had to re-format an old PC, using fdisk (though years since had to do this), now unable to get anything onto the C: Get above message, and when I Fail, message is Fail on INT 24.
Have checked connection to hard drive, all well. And tried copying from the a:
Is it dead, or have I missed something obvious.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks

After an FDISK you still need to Format the drive as well. If you did try FDISK again, delete all partitions, Create partitions, and then format.

Max19

Account Disabled
FDISK doesn't format a hard drive. It only creates partitions. After you run FDISK, you have to run FORMAT to actually format it.

BSaul

Appreciate your comments, guys, but I can't even read the C: now - see above message whenever I try. Can read floppies and CDs but not a chance of doing anything onto the HDD.
Any further suggestions?
Thanks
Babs

Max19

Account Disabled
What happens when you run FDISK? Do you get any errors? Did you try deleting all the partitions and recreating a new one?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online