1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Invalid page fault in KERNEL32.DLL

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jector, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jector

jector Thread Starter

I recently had a system crash, had to format the hard drive, couldn't find my WIN98 CD so loaded WIN95.

Everything went well and most applications reloaded without a problem.

Tried reinstalling Corel Professional Office 7. It goes through most of the installation process and at the end aborts with the message: "C017 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0137:BFF798FB" and the only alternative I have is to CLOSE.

What is causing this, and how can I get around it. I NEED my Quattro Pro program!!!!

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Doug

Attached Files:

2. littlemar

littlemar

Just a thought - is the Corell Pro compatible with the Windows 95?

3. jector

jector Thread Starter

As far as I know it is. I've had it installed before on 95.

Doug

4. littlemar

littlemar

Okay, it's just that I couldn't find anything in TechNet yet. But I'll keep looking for you.

5. jector

jector Thread Starter

Thanks Mary,

I've been searching all over and haven't come up with anything yet, but quite often perserverance pays off!!

Doug

6. littlemar

littlemar

Just some information on why page faults occur

When an invalid page fault occurs, an unexpected event occurs in the Microsoft Windows operating system. An invalid page fault typically indicates that a program improperly attempted to use random access memory, for example, when a program or a Windows component reads or writes to a memory location that is not allocated to it. When this occurs, the program can potentially overwrite and corrupt other program code in that area of memory.

An invalid page fault may occur when parameters are passed between programs and the Windows 95 operating system. An invalid parameter may cause a program to execute invalid instructions, which results in an invalid page fault. This
    behavior usually occurs because a program incorrectly passes data that Windows or a Windows-based program cannot interpret.

No answer yet but at least here are some reasons why and we can go from there.

7. jector

jector Thread Starter

Thanks Mary,

I really appreciate what you are doing.

Again, all we can do is keep trying!! ;o)

Doug

8. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Here's what I would do at this point, particularly if you have no other path at the moment:

Clean up your hard drive:

http://www.piersontech.com/07-CleanHardDrive.htm

Then, on fresh reboot, end task on everything EXCEPT Explorer and systray. Attempt to install again.

9. jector

jector Thread Starter

Thanks Dreamboat,

I'll give anything a try at this point!

Doug

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice