invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mikeck62

I have OS- WIN98SE / IE 6.0 / Outlook Express 6.0

Keep getting issues with invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll when shuting down the PC. Also getting Low Resources which cause the system to freeze up. When this happens the only way to shutdown is with the power button.

I have updated virus/spyware/firewall.

Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Thanks!!

With the invalid page fault message, does it say anything about what caused the problem.

For the low system resources
Press Ctrl>Alt>Del and open Task Manager. See what's running and using up resources.
Open Msconfig (Press start, run and type msconfig in the box and press enter). There is a startup tab in XP, but I don't remember if 98 is the same. See if there are items that are opening when you start up that you don't need. If you aren't sure what they are ask.

mikeck62

IT was: IEXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll

I think part of it may be several virus programs running at the same time.

Also I had ZoneAlarm installed but it also was acting strange. I uninstalled it and things seem to be ok. Thinking about reinstalling it again. Any other firewall suggestions to load?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.