Invalid Page Fault

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brindle

Everytime I go to a certian site I get this error message.
did a google search and found nothing. Anyone know wats causing it and how do I correct it.
Thank you

Attachments

Hey Brindle,
Alas, I've not got a clue on what that means. But, there are several threads on invalid page faults here on TSG. Have you glanced over them? Tech Support Guy Threads.

I don't know about you, but often I'll search Google high and low and overlook the treasure of information here. I'm not much help on this problem, huh?

Hi brindle

Do you have a link to this site - see if I can crash ie as well

edit the url - h**p - then no-one can accidenally click it - with a warning that it could crash ie if they do

steam

edit - just noticed you're using opera - it may be ok with ie

brindle

Steamwiz it's an adult site (pay). Only one specific page crashes.

Think it might have something to do with your security settings in your browser? Sometimes these type sites have some weird stuff going on with their pages. BTW, if I paid for something and could not view it, I'd contact the webmaster. Just another thought.

brindle

Hey BillC
It's really not a big deal was just curious as we all are.
As I previously stated the problem just started today and II haven't changed any settings. If I was using the garbage BG's puts out I might also think that against my will M$ changed my security settings.

Here's what I've found out

It's the jpeg module used by opera

see this site :-
http://www.opera.com/docs/operafiles/

It seems reasonable to assume that Opjpeg32.dll is faulty

But I don't see why it should only affect 1 page on 1 website

If you shut down opera - find the file and rename it to Opjpeg32.old - then paste the new one in, you should be ok - if it doesn't work - delete the new file and rename the old one back to Opjpeg32.dll

you can download a new one from here :-
http://stud.hsh.no/home/bet02tma/

I don't know anything about opera - but this is what I would try.

steam

brindle

Steamwiz
that did not fix the problem. Am thinking there is something wrong with the jpeg that is being posted and not my browser.

Oh well, it was worth a try, your last assumption is probably correct. ;) nothing to get all hot and bothered about - the problem that is - not the website.

Yes that's right, a lot of other commitments - but I log in when ever I can:D

steam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online