Invalid Page Faults (Rnaapp)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chir

After about 5 minutes from disconnecting and closing down Internet Explorer I am receiving the following two error messages -
Rnaapp caused an invalid page fault in module wininet.dll
&
Rnaapp caused an invalid page fault in kernel32.dll
This has only become apparent since upgrading from IE5.5 to IE6.
I have reverted back to 5.5 and the problem still persists. Tried upgrading to IE6 again and it still happens. These messages don't seem to have any ill effect on anything and everything runs as normal but it is getting very infuriating.
Have found nothing relating to these messages on the Knowledge Base so if anyone has any ideas I would be eternally grateful.
(running Win98 SE)

rnaapp is the Windows dialup adapter. If this is happening AFTER you have disconnected, I can only think something is trying to dial out and is calling it. It is normal to see rnaapp remain a running task in the Close Programs window (ctrl-alt-del) after disconnecting, but it really should not do anything. You might try end-tasking it to see what effect that has.

You may have something trying to dial out, either looking for updates (uncheck look for scheduled updates in Internet Options>advanced), or perhaps a trojan or worm. You should run an updated scan.

If you don't have a scanner, you can do an online scan here:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online