Invalid page faults

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Theresa Charvat

Starting up my computer, this came up on the screen...

SYMTRAY invalid page fault SYMTRAY.EXE at 0177:00404f13

copied information hit close and then:

EXPLORER invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:00000003

Bryan

Bryan
That program is part of Nortons System Works. It's really not essential for the operation of System Works or Windows. It simply combines the icons for all of the Nortons programs into one icon. If that error is occuring at every startup, then if I were you, I'd simply disable it. Asssuming your running W98 or Windows ME, try this,

Start>Run, key in msconfig and press enter. Click on the Startup tab. Locate the entry for Symtray and remove the checkmark next to it. Click on Apply and follow the prompts to restart.

Let us know what happens.

BTW, if you'd rather not disable it then let us know some history. Have you recently added, changed or updated any software or hardware on the PC?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online