1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Invalid sync frequency

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by williac, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. williac

williac Thread Starter

I downloaded a 3d game engine called fly3d and tried one of the windows demo's. My computer monitor (gateway vx900) went fuzzy and the message INVALID SYNC FREQUENCY came up on the screen. I restarted in vga enabled mode and went and reset my resolution, and monitor refresh frequency back to 70 where it had been since I bought the computer. everything is fine untill I restart the computer, or log off and log back on. Then it goes back to the INVALID SYNC FREQUENCY condition again. What can I do to not have to start in vga enabled mode every time?!?!

thanks!!

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

Get into Windows and then uninstall the game. If that fails, see if you have a System Restore point in System restore. Restore back to a point before the game. Assuming this is WinXP.

3. williac

williac Thread Starter

hey thanks, I cant believe I didnt think of that!!!!!!!!!!

4. Emtronics

Emtronics

No problem. It must be the software that is pre-empting your video settings. Removal or restore should work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice