Inverter Buying advice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

golumolu

I want to buy a inverter for home use.Kindly advise me how to proceed for buying the BEST ONE

cwwozniak

Chuck
Are you asking about a DC to AC Power Inverter or some other type of "Inverter"?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Maybe he wants to turn the house upside down. ;)

Seriously golumolu, you need to be a lot more specific if you expect realistic answers.

crjdriver

An inverter converts DC>AC; since homes already are wired with AC power, what are you trying to do?

cwwozniak

Chuck
crjdriver said:
An inverter converts DC>AC
Unless one is talking about logic circuits. :p :p
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/buffer.html#c3

Also, the circuit board assembly inside of a notebook PC that drives the CCFL backlight is also called an inverter. It converts DC to AC but the output voltage is nowhere near 120 VAC @ 60 Hz.

They are probably looking for some type of AC power inverter but I learned a long time ago not to assume anything is a "given" when I am asked a question by a stranger. Much easier to take a minute to get clarification than to spend twenty minutes giving an answer that does not apply.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I think I've spent about all the time I'm going to on this thread. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online