1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Invisible" External Hard Drive ;-P

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TinaInFlorida, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TinaInFlorida

TinaInFlorida Thread Starter

Hello, All.
    I connected my Maxtor harddrive to my Gateway desktop (Windows XP) today. The external is not recognized by the computer. I went all thru the forum, here (how i discovered you), and no help. USB is properly connected, and I tested another device. Maxtor is ON.

I went thru and found how to go to DISK MANAGEMENT, where you could rename the harddrive, but it won't let me "highligtht the capacity area". Help! My desktop is making funny noises and I want to back up some stuff before it explodes or aliens land inside it!!! ;-) Thank you, in advance.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Test the drive on another PC to verify operation.

What is the drive status in Disk Management?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice