1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved IOBIT ASC Ultimate (Maintenance/Security)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by EarlLorenzo1, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EarlLorenzo1

EarlLorenzo1 Thread Starter

I have used IOBIT maintenance and security products for years.

I purchased their Advanced System Care Ultimate which came with a three PC usage; I installed it on my computer at the time and my wife’s, leaving us with one PC usage left.

Later, I purchased a new computer and re-installed IOBIT Ultimate on it. Unfortunately, I had to return it to the store due to Windows and computer problems. Apparently, IOBIT took this action as a separate and “third” computer (fulfillment). Now, on this newly replaced computer, they denied me another License Code, saying I used all my options.

When I called IOBIT, I told them the problem, with the hope that they would allow me another usage. However, after speaking with two of their tech people and a supervisor and refusing them permission to “scan” my computer, they admitted that issuing a new code was not within their scope. I had to call IOBIT. Heck, I thought I was talking with IOBIT, but no they are tech support, busy scanning peoples’ computers and selling them tech support services. And no, they didn’t have a phone number for IOBIT.

Our current License Code for the other computer expires in July this year.

I finally found the company’s phone number in New York, which I was about to call (if they talk to consumers) to ask them for another code.

Before I do, I thought I would check with the Forum for other solutions and a better argument.

Thank you for any insight you may have.

2. EarlLorenzo1

EarlLorenzo1 Thread Starter

After digging through the IOBIT website, I found a page in the Support site that seemed to cover my particular situation with License Codes. I completed a form which requested my email and present License Code, among other things.

This is the similar form used to renew the code, get a discount on a new license, etc. This didn't work after several attempts. The response was always the same. Pay to get a new license.

Deep into the website had a slightly different form but for difference categories, one of which fit my need exactly. After completing it several times and not receiving an email back in response, I checked my Junk File and saw three responses. Each said, "Good for 24 hours". My reactivated code was in the last one. Thank you OBIT.

My lesson is, as it has been since I was introduced to computers, always check my Junk Files. . . I had not. Silly me.

What I don't understand is IOBIT Support Technicians did not know about this on their own website, and then had to nerve to tell me to call IOBIT for help, where there is no number listed.

Thanks, Tech Guys, for indulging me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice