1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Iolo Firewall initializing

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Wbprgmr, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wbprgmr

Wbprgmr Thread Starter

Hello all,
    Iolo Firewall is stuck initializing. Just ran System Mechanic Total care and then after the restart it was stuck. Not sure whats wrong or what other info would be helpful. Tried there tech support page, all it said was restart jsscript.dll which i did and that didn't help. Tried multiple restarts, no good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. skybiz

skybiz

Having the same problem...:mad: I haven't tried to reinstall yet but I expect no change.:confused: If I find something I'll post it.

3. Wbprgmr

Wbprgmr Thread Starter

That is what i ended up doing only i did there thorough uninstall http://www.iolo.com/customercare/kbarticle.aspx?id=KBA-01805 and then re-downloaded the whole thing and started from scratch. So far seems to have worked not having any more problems. I think the problem was that i had several old antivirus/firewall program information in my registry and in my program files that may have been causing some kind of conflict. Not sure if this will help but good luck.

4. rez01

rez01

i tried everything above and still doesnt work any advice?

5. enterprise1

enterprise1

Iolo firewall stuck on initializing

6. enterprise1

enterprise1

7. kevlab

kevlab

I tried uninstalling a windows update(it was one of the June 08 update) and that seem to fix the problem for while. Then now its back(Probably due to another windows update)
    I tried system restore and that didnt work either. I tried RE-Installing(Over current version) and that didnt work either. I am not sure what the problem is -- windows or Iolo -- but its annoying.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/629078