1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Iomega 750 zip disk

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tommycarter, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tommycarter

tommycarter Thread Starter

I have an Iomega 750 zip drive. I have a disk that has become so corrupted that my system will no longer recognize it. This disk is physically all right. I have already lost on the data on it and I don't won't to loose the $15.00 disk too. How do you force a format on this disk so that I can at least save the disk?

Thanks,
    Tom Carter
    [email protected]

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

you should be able to format the disk by opening "My Computer" and "Right-Clicking" on the Zip Drive with the disk in it and choose FORMAT from the menu.

3. Tushman

Tushman Banned

Sorry to hear about your problem there. That 'clikc of death' is the number 1 reason why i refuse to use my zip drive anymore. I had a similar prob happen to me and since then i have completely switched over to CD-Rs.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have retired all my Zip drives, anyone wants a real collection cheap should contact me. :D I used to have them on most of the systems, but $10 after rebate CD-RW drives have replaced all of them. :D:D:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166820

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice