Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

iomega drive

872 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I have windows xp but also and internal Iomega 100 zip drive it has always read my disks just fine and will still read all but one, when I open this one that has alot of infor on it ;it is full of little boxes with different letters or signs under it like some kind of code I do not have any idea how this happened or how to fix it. Please help! Thanks:confused:

#2 ·
the disk must be damaged, but keep trying to read it. Try to copy the data off and save it to another Zip disk. Or bring the disk to another computer with a Zip Drive to see if it works there.

I'd even bring it to a store and ask them to try it on one of theirs, after all if it works on theirs then you may have to buy a new one anyways (I'm not sure if they are worth repairing).

#6 ·
XP will recognize is as soon as you plug it in ( within 10 sec), it will most likely display a pop up that will give you several choices, or you can cancel it and then go to "MY Computer" You should see a new Drive letter (Usually D,E or F "Removable disk"). Also what ever method you use to save to the Zip drive, you would now choose the new drive letter. Keep in mind it will dissappear after you unplug it.

#7 ·
You can use USB mass storage on ME/2K/XP with no drivers, only W98 requires drivers. I have half a dozen USB sticks from 256mb through 2gigs, they're very handy to have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.