Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iomega External Hard Drive Not Recognized By Computer

14K views 16 replies 2 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
This hard drive has worked fine with my computer for a while now. i recently reinstalled the os onto my machine, and proceeded to obtain all of the necessary drivers to get it back to normal again. however, all of my backed up files were on this external hard drive. when i plug it into the computer (via USB) it is recognized under disk drives in device manager. it still doesn't show up anywhere else, and i can't access it. i tried plugging it into a laptop, and it was the same story. Anyone got a fix? thanks

#3 ·
well, while in disk management, in the upper white field, under volume, nothing comes up when i connect the drive. but in the gray area below that, it does come up as "disk 5" and tells me the capacity of the hard drive.
and thanks for the help, triple6

#16 ·
IT WORKED! thank you so much for the help! I've accessed all of the files, the disk is recognized NO PROBLEM! i have to say, you were the most help I've ever had with a tech issue. You far outclass the windows support and HP chat teams combined. (though that's usually not saying much). thanks again for your patience and the fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.