Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

iomega external usb HD

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jessicalore 
#1 ·
I am trying to connect an external iomega "Home Network Hard Drive" 500gb. I am connecting this drive via usb. The drive is recognised by me PC which has Windows XP Professional SP3 (Local Disk G:\). When i try and see the content on this drive via Explorer I get the following message "G:\ is not accessible
The parameter is incorrect."

I have tried disconnecting and rebooting both PC and HD few times and same above error.

Any idea how I can read the content from this drive? appreciate your help..

#2 ·
Does it do the same thing when connected to another PC?

Try a different usb cable.

If this does not cure it, most likely the usb controller has failed inside the unit, you can however disassemble the unit and connect the hard drive as an internal hard drive in your PC to see your data.

Or transfer the drive to a new external usb hard drive enclosure

#3 ·
I have not been able to try and connect to a different PC yet.
I have tried a different usb cable and get the same error.
Dismantled and Connected the usb hd as internal and now I get the following error “G:\ is not accessible.
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.”

#5 ·
Hey connect the Device Manager when the Device is plug inside the computer. Check if you have red X marks or yellow exclamation marks?

To go to device manage on a Windows XP machine go to START-->right click on "MY COMPUTER"-->click "PROPERTIES"-->then click on the "HARDWARE" tab---> and finally click on "DEVICE MANAGER"

You can also check the status in the COMPUTER MANAGEMENT window. Go to START-->click CONTROL PANEL--->click ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS-->then click COMPUTER MANAGEMENT-->go to the section STORAGE and then DISK MANAGEMENT try to see if you device has an assigned letter, has a partition, and it has an NTFS or FAT32 system in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.