1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Iomega Network Drive not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Talosh, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talosh

Talosh Thread Starter

I used to have access to this drive but my new laptop cannot see it at all. I have an Iomega Home Media drive model HMND2. It is plugged into my Airport Extreme Router which is connected to my cable modem. I have reset my router, power cycled the network drive, used the reset button on the network drive, tried plugging in the drive to my laptop directly, reloaded the Iomega driver from their website but nothing seems to work to get the network drive working on my new laptop. I do not have the old one. My old laptop was running Windows 7 and was still an Alienware laptop. Your Info utility only lists the Intel graphics card but there is an Nvidia GTX 880M graphics card on the mb also. Iomega is so nice that since the drive is over a year old they will not talk to me on the phone to help trouble shoot this unless I pay for the support.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16265 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 943316 MB, Free - 587461 MB; D: Total - 10748 MB, Free - 10658 MB;
    Motherboard: Alienware, 04WT2G
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

can you ping the drive's ip address? Are you cabled into your network or are you using WIFI? Also these type of NAS drives usually require some kind of client software (not drivers) In order for Windows to interact with it. Did you install it?

3. Talosh

Talosh Thread Starter

I already installed their software although their tech support said I did not need to with Win8.1 I am using wifi to my airport exteme router that the drive is plugged into. I do not see a wired connection to my router page either. The power light is on the drive, I do not see any hd activity light even when I power cycle it. Their tech support said that my router nas is the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice