Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

iomega zip drive 100

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  richsamtor1 
#1 ·
driver has not worked for the last 3 months receive a message did not find any iomega drivers on the system after i followered instruction and downloaded iomegware 4.0.2.in device manger i find scsi controller with a minus sign in front of it on the next line i find ayellow circle in front of iomega parallel port interface.in the disk driv i find generic nec floppy disk
generic ide disk type 80
generic ide disk type 40
in hard drive i have ]
intel 82371 ab/eb pci bus master ide controller primery ide controller (dual fifo)
secondary ide controller(dual fifo)
status report on all of the above comes back with a message the device is working properly. in my computer it showes a picture of a zip drive and the letter (d)and under it removeable disk when i clickm on it i receive a message ( D)is not accessible device is not ready os windows 98 internal iomega 100 zip drive

penitium (r)processor
intel mmx (tm) technolgy i appreciate any and all help
160 omb ram

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, the drive may have croaked, hard to say. The parallel port driver is not necessary, but it having an error is not an issue for the IDE Zip drive.

#8 ·
I suspect the actual disk drive is bad from the description. My advice is to try it in another system. You don't need drivers for the Zip drive to function, so it should be easy to plug it into another machine.

#9 ·
I've had two different Zip Drives die. The old ones are not that reliable. I have an internal Zip 250 on a Dell machine, plus a parallel 250 version I use with an old laptop with Win95. They both are working fine for over 18 months.

I agree that you should try the drive on another computer. If it still does not work, throw it away and buy a new one. I spent way too many hours trying to get the old ones running correctly.

#10 ·
thanks for all the help with my problem.guess iam going to try the zip drive in another computer,if it does not work their, iam going to replace the zip drive.again i want to thank everybody for their time and patience. p.s.might have to bring in out side help ,iam pretty new with computers. talk to you latter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.