1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IP Address Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hasek86, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hasek86

hasek86 Thread Starter

I was wondering how a person could change their IP address and still have the internet work. The reason I ask is because I am trying to sign up for some stuff that is only for Americans, but I am Canadian. I could sign up and it would be fine, but it will not let me even access the site, and says the offer is not available in my country. So I figured that I could change my IP address to an American one, and then it would work. Problem is, when I changed my IP address, it would no longer connect to the internet. Is their any way to change the IP and still connect to the internet, or is their another way to access a site from Canada, that only Americans can access.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Your IP address is assigned to you by your ISP.

3. jmwills

jmwills

How did you "change" your IP Address?

4. Nastrodamus

Nastrodamus

Depending on what IP address you change it to may not even be on the subnet that your ISP is on hence why you are not getting a connection.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I'm assuming he changed his WAN IP, or maybe his local IP.

Either way, his IP from the ISP is set and their is nothing he/she can do about it... unless you move to the US of course ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice