1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IP address hijacked?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by yowben, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yowben

yowben Thread Starter

Hi,
    I encountered a few website blocking problems recently (OS Windows Vista Home Premium). I checked my IP address and found that it has been changed to a USA region (I am from Singapore). Is this problem common? What can I do to reinstate my original IP address?
    Ben

2. pjhutch

pjhutch

An IP address is usually allocated to you by your Internet Provider which has a block of public IP addresses it can use. Which country you are in is irrelevant. Check your modem and dial up settings to make sure you are calling the correct ISP address and not some premium number which some malware can set w/o you knowing.

3. yowben

yowben Thread Starter

Thanks pjhutch.
    I'll check with my ISP.
    Have a nice day!

4. techy689

techy689

Sometimes certain IP addresses do refer to a general region.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/586665